Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at V1CE Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12681711, with a registered office at: Office 520 City House, 131 Friargate, Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom PR1 2EF and postal address for any correspondence at: First Floor Office 38A - 42A ORMSKIRK ROAD, PRESTON, PR1 2QP (“V1CE”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
- Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- S. Specific Terms – Do residents of certain U.S. states have specific privacy rights?
- Limitation of Liability
- Links to Social Media Networks and Other Third Party Websites
- How to complain
- How to contact us
WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by V1CE Limited. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily engage with us via our website, including when you place orders and submit enquiries.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you contact us or purchase products or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes the following (“Your Data”):
- Profile Data.
- your name, address and contact details (including phone number(s), email addresses, title, company name, business email, business phone number)
- date of birth
- social media handles
- Payment Data.
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
The personal information we collect can include the following (“Your Data”):
Your Data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you should notify us of any changes to Your Data.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: Where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: Where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: Where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: Where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We routinely share Your Data, including your name and delivery address details with our delivery partners. This data sharing enables our delivery partners to dispatch goods to you.
We may share or transfer Your Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may use third-party advertising companies, such as Adroll, Meta and Google, to help you see and find our products. You may see V1CE banners or ads when you are on other websites. These companies may use information about your visits to the website and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
We require you to provide your name, address, delivery address (if different) and bank details so that we can take payment from you and deliver products to enable us to deliver products to you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE UK AND EEA
If you are a resident of the UK or a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland (“European Resident”), you have the right to access Your Data, and the right to request that we correct, update, or delete your personal information.
You can object to the processing of Your Data and your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of Your Data and your personal information, and request portability of Your Data and your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed Your Data or your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to such withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of Your Data or your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Our website generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
We may transfer your personal information to some areas which are located outside the United UK and EEA where necessary to deliver products to you, if you are based outside the UK:
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ in our website terms and conditions). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the area comprising the UK and EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The cookies we use generally fall into one of the following categories:
CATEGORIES OF COOKIES
Running our website and identifying and preventing security risks.
Remembering your settings and preferences and improving your experience on our website.
Collecting information about how you use our website and monitoring and improving our website’s performance.
Delivering advertisements to make them more relevant and meaningful to consumers and tracking efficiency of our advertising campaigns on other sites.
We would like to send you information about our products which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you order products from our website.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us via our website
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to five days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write tous,
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relatesincluding any account or reference numbers, if you have them
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
DO RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN US STATES HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Yes, if you are a resident of California or Nevada, you are granted specific rights regarding access to Your Data.
For purposes of this section only, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you, as defined under the CCPA. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you. Consistent with the CCPA, job applicants, current and former employees and independent contractors (“Personnel”), and subjects of certain business-to-business communications acting solely in their capacity as representatives of another business, are not considered consumers for purposes of this notice or the rights described herein.
V1CE does not sell your Personal Information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes, which are not a sale: (i) if you direct us to share your Personal Information, (ii) to comply with your requests under the CCPA, (iii) disclosures as part of a merger or asset sale, and (iv) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
We collect various categories of Personal Information when you use our website, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information. A more detailed description of the information we collect and how we use it is provided above.
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to access and request that we inform you of the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose to third parties;
- Right to Obtain a Copy. You have the right to make or obtain a transportable copy of your Personal Information that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you and are maintaining. Please be advised, however, that exceptions under the CCPA may allow us to retain and use certain Personal Information notwithstanding your deletion request; and
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our website and Services, we will need to verify your identity before processing your request. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on our website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Additionally, Nevada law (SB §220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. V1CE does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law.
All requests for information or changes to your preferences must be directed to: email@example.com . Such requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” or “Request for Nevada Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of the message, and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to us if not submitted pursuant to the terms set forth above.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We exercise reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal information; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. We will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information that occurs through no fault of V1CE including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone other than you, uses of your user ID and password by a third party, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of V1CE’s employees.
LINKS TO SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS AND OTHER THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website contact page.